Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.

Door furniture

View as Grid List
Sort by

Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, South Bank Arts Centre, London: detail of the entrance doors in sandcast aluminium

Greater London Council. Department of Architecture & Civic Design
NOTES: The South Bank Arts Centre, known as the Southbank Centre since 2002, comprises the Royal Festival Hall (completed in 1951), the Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Purcell Room (completed in 1967), and the Hayward Gallery (completed in 1968).

Royal Festival Hall, South Bank, London: standard handles for the glazed doors

London County Council. Architects Department

Beechwood Day Nursery, Garston, Watford: detail of window fittings

Aslin, Charles Herbert (1893-1959)
NOTES: C. H. Aslin was County Architect for Hertfordshire from 1945 to 1958 and headed its pioneering school-building programme.

Wolverton Sports Club, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire: door detail

Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: This building has been demolished. Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Maison des Ducs de Brabant, Grand Place, Brussels: detail of door handle of one of the houses

Bruyn, Willem de (1649-1719)
NOTES: The Maison des Ducs de Brabant was divided at an early stage into six houses.

9 The College, Durham: the door knocker

NOTES: The College is the name given in Durham to the Cathedral close. The house probably dates from the 18th century.

Church of St Gregory, Pottergate, Norwich: the sanctuary knocker with a lion's head devouring a man

NOTES: When the church was made redundant, this sanctuary knocker and a 16th century bell were placed in the care of the Castle Museum. The church was subsequently converted into St Gregory's Centre for the Arts which opened in 2007.

Theatre Royal, Bristol: detail of entrance doors

Halfpenny, William (d. 1755)
NOTES: When an extension to the existing theatre (1766, Thomas Paty) was designed by Peter Moro & Partners in 1971-1972, Coopers' Hall, built in 1744 by William Halfpenny, was restored as the new entrance and foyer.