Greater London Council. Department of Architecture & Civic Design
NOTES: The South Bank Arts Centre, known as the Southbank Centre since 2002, comprises the Royal Festival Hall (completed in 1951), the Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Purcell Room (completed in 1967), and the Hayward Gallery (completed in 1968).
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: This building has been demolished. Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).
NOTES: When the church was made redundant, this sanctuary knocker and a 16th century bell were placed in the care of the Castle Museum. The church was subsequently converted into St Gregory's Centre for the Arts which opened in 2007.
NOTES: When an extension to the existing theatre (1766, Thomas Paty) was designed by Peter Moro & Partners in 1971-1972, Coopers' Hall, built in 1744 by William Halfpenny, was restored as the new entrance and foyer.