NOTES: This was a refurbishment of a Mark 1, Second Consortium of Local Authorites (SCOLA) schools, built in the 1960s by Hampshire County Council. The refurbishment centered round the replacing, recladding and insulating much of the original fabric.
NOTES: The Mary Ward Settlement (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings) was founded in the 1890s by Mary Augusta Ward under the financial patronage of John Passmore Edwards. It aimed to provide facilities to 'improve the the religious, moral, intellectual or physical well-being of the people of London' and was also notable for housing the first fully equipped classrooms for children with disabilities. The library was dedicated to Thomas Hill Green (1836-1882), philosopher, whose writings influenced Mary Ward. See RIBA86191 for a photoprint of this image. See RIBA 155154 for a colour version of this image