Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Docks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool

RIBA133532
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: the colonnade and crane bay with original hydraulic crane on the column between the revolving door drums of the main entrance

RIBA133533
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133533 for a colour version of this image.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: cast iron windows

RIBA134277
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Cast iron windows were used for the first time in the West India Dock warehouses. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the two staircases in Warehouse 2

RIBA134278
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: These incombustible circulation routes were carefully separated from the storage areas. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134279
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134280
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the doorways with cast iron door dividing Warehouse 2 into fireproof compartments

RIBA134281
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: remains of hopper for transferring goods from one floor to another in the warehouses

RIBA134282
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134283
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: roof details

RIBA134284
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: roof details

RIBA134285
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London

RIBA134286
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE