Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Docks

View as Grid List
Sort by

North Docks, Liverpool: looking towards the Tobacco Warehouse

RIBA131692
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: The North Docks complex of buildings was constructed between c. 1830 and c. 1848, to the designs of Jesse Hartley.

North Docks, Liverpool: Stanley Dock

RIBA131693
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: The North Docks complex of buildings was constructed between c. 1830 and c. 1848, to the designs of Jesse Hartley.

North Docks, Liverpool: range of warehouses on the Stanley Dock

RIBA131694
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: The North Docks complex of buildings was constructed between c. 1830 and c. 1848, to the designs of Jesse Hartley. These warehouses are now a hotel.

North Docks, Liverpool: looking towards the Tobacco Warehouse on the Stanley Dock

RIBA131695
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: The North Docks complex of buildings was constructed between c. 1830 and c. 1848, to the designs of Jesse Hartley. Lyster's Tobacco Warehouse has been converted into apartments.

North Docks, Liverpool: the bridge across the canal at the eastern end of the Stanley Dock

RIBA131696
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: The North Docks complex of buildings was constructed between c. 1830 and c. 1848, to the designs of Jesse Hartley.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: cast iron windows

RIBA134277
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Cast iron windows were used for the first time in the West India Dock warehouses. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the two staircases in Warehouse 2

RIBA134278
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: These incombustible circulation routes were carefully separated from the storage areas. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134279
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134280
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the doorways with cast iron door dividing Warehouse 2 into fireproof compartments

RIBA134281
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: remains of hopper for transferring goods from one floor to another in the warehouses

RIBA134282
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134283
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.
Categories
)
CLOSE