Sort by Position Name: A to Z Created on Name: Z to A Price: Low to High Price: High to Low
NOTES: Part of the Port of London and built in 1825-1828 by the St Katharine Dock Company, this was the smallest group of London's enclosed docks. Thomas Telford engineered the docks while Philip Hardwick designed the quayside warehouses.
NOTES: This bridge over the Thames was designed by Sir Horace Jones and engineered by Sir John Wolfe Barry.
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988.
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 27 NOTES: The Ripa Grande in Trastevere was Rome's old port of arrival for goods coming from the Mediterranean.
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 28 NOTES: The Ponte Cavour, built at the end of the 19th century, takes up part of this area.
NOTES: This brick-clad building contains the ventilation tower for the Queensway Tunnel under the River Mersey connecting Liverpool and Birkenhead.
NOTES: Accumulator towers in docks of this period provided hydraulic power for the dockside cranes. The building was demolished in the 1920s.