Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Dining rooms

View as Grid List
Sort by

Royal Insurance building, 1 Cornhill, City of London: the corporate dining room

RIBA110735
Anderson, John Macvicar (1835-1915)
NOTES: The Royal Insurance building was built for the Liverpool & London and Globe Insurance by J. Macvicar Anderson in 1905. It was extensively refurbished in 1978-1979 by Howard Lobb, Ratcliffe, Leather & Partners, with the office interiors by Nicholas Lyell. See RIBA110756 for a colour version of this image,

Royal Insurance building, 1 Cornhill, City of London: the corporate dining room

RIBA110737
Anderson, John Macvicar (1835-1915)
NOTES: The Royal Insurance building was built for the Liverpool & London and Globe Insurance by J. Macvicar Anderson in 1905. It was extensively refurbished in 1978-1979 by Howard Lobb, Ratcliffe, Leather & Partners, with the office interiors by Nicholas Lyell. See RIBA110748 for a colour version of this image.

Royal Insurance building, 1 Cornhill, City of London: the corporated dining room

RIBA110748
Anderson, John Macvicar (1835-1915)
NOTES: The Royal Insurance building was built for the Liverpool & London and Globe Insurance by J. Macvicar Anderson in 1905. It was extensively refurbished in 1978-1979 by Howard Lobb, Ratcliffe, Leather & Partners, with the office interiors by Nicholas Lyell. See RIBA110737 for a black and white version of ths image.

Hafod House, near Pontarfynach: detail of the cornice in the dining room ceiling

RIBA111154
Baldwin, Thomas (1750-1820)
NOTES: The house was built originally by Baldwin (begun 1786) for the owner Thomas Johnes (1748-1816). A library and conservatory were added by John Nash 1793-1794. A disastrous fire in 1807 destroyed all of NashÔÇÖs work, but the house was rebuilt by Baldwin (1807-1810) retaining NashÔÇÖs library. A large extension was added by Anthony Salvin in 1846-1851 and the house was altered again from 1872. The estate declined in the early 20th century and the house was abandoned in 1942. It was demolished in 1956.

Double-page spread from 'Moderne bouwkunst in Nederland' showing the Van der Leeuw house, Rotterdam

RIBA111229
Brinkman & Van der Vlugt
SOURCE: Moderne bouwkunst in Nederland (Rotterdam, 1933), no. 6. p. 14-15

Page from 'Interieurs au Salon des Artistes Decorateurs' showing a dining room

RIBA111235
Perriand, Charlotte (1903-1999)
SOURCE: Les interieurs francais : ou, Salon des Artistes Decorateurs en 1926 (Paris, 1926), pl. 39 NOTES: The above publication is a record of the 16th show of the Societe des Artistes Decorateurs held at the Grand Palais, Paris in 1926

Villa Cavrois, Croix: the dining room

RIBA112131
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.

Villa Cavrois, Croix: the dining room with the salon-hall beyond

RIBA112132
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.

Villa Cavrois, Croix: the children's dining room, with relief by sculptors Jan and Joel Martel

RIBA112133
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.
Categories
)
CLOSE