NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The service building shown here was used to provide cloakrooms, kitchens and lunchrooms for the cemetery workers.
NOTES: The mill building dates back before the 19th century and was still in use up to 1957 (corn being ground until 1947 and china clay until 1957). The china clay was ground through water turbine generated electricity. The architects Michael and Inette Austin-Smith converted the mill into a house with a gallery on the top floor in 1980, making use of the mill's hydro-electric power to provide heating and lighting.