NOTES: In 1754 the Admiral Hon John Byng commissioned Isaac Ware to design Wrotham Park, which was not fully finished by his death in 1757. As orignally built it was a red brick structure with stone dressings, its design based on a Palladian villa, with a central block, portico and flanking wings. In the early 19th century the wings were raised and extended, the house stuccoed and the attic storey raised. The house was again substantially rebuilt after a fire in 1883, almost exactly as it was before. See RIBA116726 for a black and white version of this image.
NOTES: This was a series of insertions by architects Maguire & Murray to the largely medieval fabric of Kings's School. They comprised two new houses, Luxmore for boarders and Mitchinson for day boys, a new physics laboratory and extension to the dining hall.