Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Dining rooms

View as Grid List
Sort by

Pitzhanger Manor, Walpole Park, Ealing, London: the Breakfast Room

RIBA155772
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: Pitzhanger Manor was owned by Soane from 1800 to 1810 during which time he radically rebuilt it. He demolished most of the existing building except the two-storey south wing built in 1768 by George Dance. The original decoration of the Breakfast Room (dating from around 1803) was lost later in the 19th century. This 1986 redecoration of the room was based on examination of the room and on original paint samples. See RIBA134106 for a black and white version of this image.

Pitzhanger Manor, Walpole Park, Ealing, London: the Breakfast Room

RIBA155773
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: Pitzhanger Manor was owned by Soane from 1800 to 1810 during which time he radically rebuilt it. He demolished most of the existing building except the two-storey south wing built in 1768 by George Dance. The original decoration of the Breakfast Room (dating from around 1803) was lost later in the 19th century. This 1986 redecoration of the room was based on examination of the room and on original paint samples. See RIBA134107 for a black and white version of this image.

Pitzhanger Manor, Walpole Park, Ealing, London: the Breakfast Room

RIBA155774
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: Pitzhanger Manor was owned by Soane from 1800 to 1810 during which time he radically rebuilt it. He demolished most of the existing building except the two-storey south wing built in 1768 by George Dance. The original decoration of the Breakfast Room (dating from around 1803) was lost later in the 19th century. This 1986 redecoration of the room was based on examination of the room and on original paint samples. See RIBA134108 for a black and white version of this image.

Melsetter House, Hoy, Orkney: the dining room fireplace

RIBA156007
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)
NOTES: See RIBA151703 for a black and white version of this image.

Melsetter House, Hoy, Orkney: the dining room looking towrds the fireplace

RIBA156008
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)
NOTES: See RIBA151705 for a black and white version of this image.

Hollybank, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire: the dining room

RIBA156459
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: See RIBA149466 for a black and white version of this image.

Willinghurst House, Shamley Green, Surrey: detail of the dining room fireplace with plate-warming rack by Webb

RIBA156986
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: See RIBA151479 for a black and white version of this image.

Warrens House, Bramshaw: the common room as remodelled by Webb

RIBA157033
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: Warrens House was originally a villa of 1792-1801 by John Nash, but was extended in a a similar style in 1804 by another (unknown) architect. In 1897 the owner George Briscoe Eyre brought in Philip Webb to extend the house and remodel the interior.This was carried out between 1897-1898. Most of Webb's work was demolished in 1979, but his common room, seen here, which he created in the link building between the two villas survives. In 1997 it served as the dining room. See RIBA151465 for a black and white version of this image.

Warrens House, Bramshaw: detail of the fireplace in the common room

RIBA157034
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: Warrens House was originally a villa of 1792-1801 by John Nash, but was extended in a a similar style in 1804 by another (unknown) architect. In 1897 the owner George Briscoe Eyre brought in Philip Webb to extend the house and remodel the interior.This was carried out between 1897-1898. Most of Webb's work was demolished in 1979, but his common room, seen here, which he created in the link building between the two villas survives. In 1997 it served as the dining room. See RIBA151466 for a black and white version of this image.

Warrens House, Bramshaw: the common room

RIBA157036
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: Warrens House was originally a villa of 1792-1801 by John Nash, but was extended in a a similar style in 1804 by another (unknown) architect. In 1897 the owner George Briscoe Eyre brought in Philip Webb to extend the house and remodel the interior.This was carried out between 1897-1898. Most of Webb's work was demolished in 1979, but his common room, seen here, which he created in the link building between the two villas survives. In 1997 it served as the dining room. See RIBA151468 for a black and white version of this image.

Warrens House, Bramshaw: detail of the fireplace in the common room

RIBA157037
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: Warrens House was originally a villa of 1792-1801 by John Nash, but was extended in a a similar style in 1804 by another (unknown) architect. In 1897 the owner George Briscoe Eyre brought in Philip Webb to extend the house and remodel the interior.This was carried out between 1897-1898. Most of Webb's work was demolished in 1979, but his common room, which he created in the link building between the two villas survives.

Exning House, Newmarket: the dining room fireplace

RIBA157084
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: Exning House was originally built by Francis Shepheard in 1734 possibly to the design of the mason, Andrews Jelfe. In 1896 it was altered and extended to the north by Philip Webb. In 1948 it became a home for the elderly and was renamed Glanely Rest and remained so until the 1960s. It has since been subdivided and converted into three separate properties. See RIBA151112 for a black and white version of this image.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE