Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Dining rooms

View as Grid List
Sort by

Deanery Garden, Sonning, Berkshire: the dining room with Edward Hudson's collection of rustic pewter and ceramics displayed on the sideboard

RIBA15696
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the house for Edward Hudson, owner of Country Life, in 1899-1901.

Neues Schloss Herrenchiemsee, Bavaria: the dining room

RIBA15939
Dollmann, Georg Carl Heinrich von (1830-1895)
NOTES: Construction on this palace, built in the French Baroque style in imitation of Versailles for King Ludwig II of Bavaria, began in 1878 to designs by Georg Dollmann. It was never completed since building work was halted in 1886 for financial reasons.

Schloss Sanssouci, Potsdam: close-up of the dome, cornice and corthinian columns in the white and gold oval Marble Hall (Marmosaal)

RIBA15964
Knobelsdorff, Georg Wenzeslaus von (1699-1753)
NOTES: Sanssouci was the summer palace of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia. Built above a terraced vineyard in 1745-1747, it is essentially a single-storey villa, containing ten principal rooms. The Marble Hall, completed in 1749, was designed as the principal reception room and was used by Frederick as an informal dining room.

Apsley House, Hyde Park Corner, London: the Waterloo Gallery

RIBA15965
Wyatt, Benjamin Dean (1775-1855)
NOTES: Also known as Number One London, this was the London residence of the Dukes of Wellington. Originally built in red brick by Robert Adam in 1771-1778, it was remodelled for the first Duke of Wellington by Benjamin Dean Wyatt in 1829-1829. The Waterloo Gallery, added in 1829 by Wyatt, was intended specifically to accomodate the annual Waterloo banquet.

Design for a house for an art lover: the dining room

RIBA16058
Mackintosh, Charles Rennie (1868-1928)
SOURCE: Haus eines Kunstfreundes (Darmstadt, 1902), pl. 14

Dining room, Ambassade Francaise, Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925

RIBA16455
Rapin, Henri (1873-1939)
SOURCE: Une Ambassade Francaise (Paris, 1925), pl. XVIII NOTES: The Ambassade Francaise was organised by the Societe des Artistes Decorateurs and consisted of twenty-five rooms arranged around a three-sided court.

Embassy Court, Brighton: dining room seen from living room

RIBA16638
Coates, Wells Wintemute (1895-1958)

The Studio, Duke's Head Yard, Highgate, London: the studio with integrated living space on the second floor

RIBA17013
Tayler & Green
NOTES: Commissioned in 1937 by the Punch cartoonist Roger Pettiward (Paul Crum), this three-storeyed, open-plan house was Tayler & Green's first work. It provided a large studio-living room with living accommodation attached, which occupied the whole of the second floor. It was built of brick and rendered a shade of terracotta.

Houses at 102-106 Orchard Road, Tewin, Hertfordshire: the living / dining room of the first house in the group

RIBA17038
Crowley, Mary (1907-2005)
NOTES: Occupying a site of three acres, these three houses were built for Mary Crowley, the architect, her parents, and her assistant Cecil G. Kemp.

Eltham Palace, London: the dining room

RIBA17179
Seely & Paget
NOTES: This royal palace was restored and extended from 1933 to 1936 by Seely & Paget.

Wilhelma, Stuttgart: the dining room in the Moorish Villa

RIBA17801
Zanth, Karl Ludwig Wilhelm von (1796-1857)
SOURCE: L. de Zanth. La Wilhelma, villa mauresque de S.M. le roi de Wurtemberg (Paris, 1855), pl. 7 NOTES: This complex was designed by Zanth for King Wilhelm I of Wurttemberg as a private retreat. Originally planned as a bathhouse over a mineral spring, the design expanded to become living quarters with attached glasshouses (known as the Moorish Villa). This was connected in 1851 via covered walkways to the Moorish Banqueting Hall, since demolished after severe wartime damage. Today Wilhelma is the zoological and botanical gardens of Stuttgart and the Moorish Villa is a combined animal and plant house.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE