NOTES: This circular building is carried on a concrete raft on which all columns rest and reinforced concrete was used for the structure of walls, floors and roof. The circle is divided into three zones: service, forming the hub, round which are grouped offices and recreational facitlities.
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.