Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window in the Great Chamber

RIBA158754
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148245 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window with coats of arms in the Great Chamber

RIBA158755
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148246 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass with the Gilling coat of arms and inscription in the Great Chamber

RIBA158756
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148247 for a black and white version of this image.

Building Design Partnership offices, Sunlight House, Manchester: the entrance lobby

RIBA158781
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA131700 for a black and white version of this image.

Worsfolds Estate Agents in Deal, Ramsgate and Cliftonville, Kent: the shop front

RIBA158847
NOTES: See RIBA119052 for a black and white version of this image.

Halaxton Manor, Lincolnshire: detail of the turrets and clock tower on the west front

RIBA159090
Salvin, Anthony (1799-1881)
NOTES: Harlaxton was begun in 1832 by Salvin and was substantially complete by 1844. But the owner (Gregory Gregory) commissioned William Burn to work on the interior and embellish the exterior, which continued up to Gregory's death in 1854. See RIBA148270 for a black and white version of this image.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: detail of signage by the front entrance

RIBA159161
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133518 for a black and white version of this image.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: the colonnade by the main entrance

RIBA159166
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133526 for a black and white version of this image.

Stevens Building, Royal College of Art, Kensington Gore, London: detail of signage

RIBA159681
John Miller & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA147829 for a black and white version of this image.

The Homestead, Second Avenue, Frinton-on-Sea, Essex: the nameplate on the north elevation

RIBA161367
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: The house and all its furniture were designed by Voysey as a holiday home for Sydney Claridge Turner. See RIBA148377 for a black and white version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: detail of stained glass by Lorimer in the drawing room

RIBA161393
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA150409 for a black and white version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: detail of the inscription on the gateway in the east wall of the topiary garden

RIBA161398
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA150416 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE