Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Sainsburys, Guildford, Surrey: the main entrance

RIBA132166
NOTES: See RIBA132174 for a colour version of this image.

Sainsburys, Guildford, Surrey: the main entrance from the car park

RIBA132171
NOTES: See RIBA132163 for a black and white version of this image.

Sainsburys, Guildford, Surrey: the main entrance

RIBA132174
NOTES: See RIBA132166 for a black and white version of this image.

Sainsburys, Nine Elms, London

RIBA132177
NOTES: See RIBA132181 for a colour version of this image.

Sainsburys, Nine Elms, London: the main entrance

RIBA132179
NOTES: See RIBA132183 for a colour version of this image.

Sainsburys, Nine Elms, London

RIBA132181
NOTES: See RIBA132177 for a black and white version of this image.

Sainsburys, Nine Elms, London: the main entrance

RIBA132183
NOTES: See RIBA132179 for a black and white version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm

RIBA132279
Lewerentz, Sigurd (1885-1975)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels.

Daily Telegraph building, Fleet Street, City of London: detail of the main entrance with the figures of Mercury carved above the door

RIBA132590
Elcock & Sutcliffe
NOTES: The carved figures of Mercury representing 'The Past and the Future' are by Samuel Rabin. The notice on the door refers to the new Daily Telegraph premises on the Isle of Dogs and requests all deliveries be sent there. See RIBA121205 for the print version of this image.

14 Greek Street, Soho, London: the main entrance

RIBA132610
Eric Parry Associates
NOTES: This is a conversion by Eric Parry Associates of a much altered late 17th century house into a graphic design and animation studio. In 1864 it became the St James and Soho Club, one of the earliest London working men's clubs.

Penguin Pool, London Zoo, Regent's Park, London

RIBA132920
Tecton
NOTES: This was Tecton's second commission for the Royal Zoological Society, the site consisting of a series of derelict ponds and a paddock. A dramatic design was needed to show off the antics of the penguins and this was achieved by two cantilevered ramps spiralling around one another without any intermediate support. The surrounding trees were kept and a cover provided around part of the elliptical structure to protect the penguins from the sun. The flat paths were coated with plastic rubber, the steps were of slate and the concrete ramps were kept wet by a revolving fountain. The structure was allowed under a clause in the London Building Act which exempted from the regulations buildings under a certain size which were not destined for human habitation and which were more than 30 ft from any other building. The pool had been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair after the Royal Zoological Society encountered strong opposition to its plans for major alterations in 1951. The pool was listed in 1970 and restored in 1988. The executive architects were Lubetkin and Drake. See RIBA132928 for a colour version of this image.

Penguin Pool, London Zoo, Regent's Park, London

RIBA132928
Tecton
NOTES: This was Tecton's second commission for the Royal Zoological Society, the site consisting of a series of derelict ponds and a paddock. A dramatic design was needed to show off the antics of the penguins and this was achieved by two cantilevered ramps spiralling around one another without any intermediate support. The surrounding trees were kept and a cover provided around part of the elliptical structure to protect the penguins from the sun. The flat paths were coated with plastic rubber, the steps were of slate and the concrete ramps were kept wet by a revolving fountain. The structure was allowed under a clause in the London Building Act which exempted from the regulations buildings under a certain size which were not destined for human habitation and which were more than 30 ft from any other building. The pool had been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair after the Royal Zoological Society encountered strong opposition to its plans for major alterations in 1951. The pool was listed in 1970 and restored in 1988. The executive architects were Lubetkin and Drake. See RIBA132920 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE