Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window with coats of arms in the Great Chamber

RIBA148246
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158755 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass with the Gilling coat of arms and inscription in the Great Chamber

RIBA148247
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158756 for a colour version of this image.

Halaxton Manor, Lincolnshire: detail of the turrets and clock tower on the west front

RIBA148270
Salvin, Anthony (1799-1881)
NOTES: Harlaxton was begun in 1832 by Salvin and was substantially complete by 1844. But the owner (Gregory Gregory) commissioned William Burn to work on the interior and embellish the exterior, which continued up to Gregory's death in 1854. See RIBA159090 for a colour version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: detail of the centrepiece on the south front with the Cecil coat of arms and date

RIBA148288
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA158690 for a colour version of this image.

The Homestead, Second Avenue, Frinton-on-Sea, Essex: the nameplate on the north elevation

RIBA148377
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: The house and all its furniture were designed by Voysey as a holiday home for Sydney Claridge Turner. See RIBA161367 for a colour version of this image.

Melsetter House, Hoy, Orkney: detail of gable with motifs

RIBA148471
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)

Melsetter House, Hoy, Orkney: detail of carved initials

RIBA148504
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)

Waterlow Court, Hampstead Garden Suburb, London: detail of drainpipe with date

RIBA148567
Scott, Mackay Hugh Baillie (1865-1945)
NOTES: See RIBA148580 for a colour version of this image.

Waterlow Court, Hampstead Garden Suburb, London: detail of drainpipe with date

RIBA148580
Scott, Mackay Hugh Baillie (1865-1945)
NOTES: See RIBA148567 for a black and white version of this image.

18 and 20 Market Place (former Red Lion Inn), Blandford Forum

RIBA148740
Bastard, John (c.1688-1770)
NOTES: See RIBA157217 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE