Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Forthampton Court, Tewkesbury: detail of the library overmantel designed by Webb

RIBA157048
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: Originally a residence for the abbots of Tewkesbury dating from the 12th-16th centuries. It was remodelled by Philip Webb in 1889-1891, with further modifications in 1913 and 1958. The small heraldic panel was carved by George Jack and gilded by Kate Faulkner. See RIBA151130 for a black and white version of this image.

Forthampton Court, Tewkesbury: detail of the overmantel in the entrance hall with latin inscription devised by the owner John Reginald Yorke

RIBA157051
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: Originally a residence for the abbots of Tewkesbury dating from the 12th-16th centuries. It was remodelled by Philip Webb in 1889-1891, with further modifications in 1913 and 1958. See RIBA151134 for a black and white version of this image.

18 and 20 Market Place (former Red Lion Inn), Blandford Forum

RIBA157217
Bastard, John (c.1688-1770)
NOTES: See RIBA148740 for a black and white version of this image.

St Mary's Hospital, Newport, Isle of Wight: the main entrance at night

RIBA157518
Ahrends Burton & Koralek
NOTES: See RIBA146699 for a black and white version of this image.

Casa de la Obra Pia, Calles Obra Pia, Havana: detail of the coat of arms of the Castellon family above the entrance

RIBA157881
NOTES: The house dates from 1648, it was enlarged in 1657 and was later remodelled in 1793. Nicolas Castellon inherited the house from Don Martin Calvo de la Puerta in 1685 and the coat of arms dates from that time. See RIBA146235 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of monument to the second Earl of Rutland, showing the family coat of arms

RIBA158346
Parker, Richard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the second Earl is 1563, possibly by Parker. See RIBA148105 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of coat of arms atop the monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland

RIBA158350
Johnson, Nicholas
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson. See RIBA148109 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre Bar, Polytechnic of North London, Holloway Road, London: the street entrance

RIBA158649
Beigel, Florian (1941-2018)
NOTES: This was a bar created for the polytecnic's theatre. It was orginally a music hall and occupies two buildings a brick and concrete frame, 1960s foyer and an adjoining Victorian hall. The Polytechnic of North London is now the London Metropolitan University and Florian Beigel was the founder of the Architecture Research Unit there. See RIBA145409 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre Bar, Polytechnic of North London, Holloway Road, London: the street entrance and ramp at night

RIBA158650
Beigel, Florian (1941-2018)
NOTES: This was a bar created for the polytecnic's theatre. It was orginally a music hall and occupies two buildings a brick and concrete frame, 1960s foyer and an adjoining Victorian hall. The Polytechnic of North London is now the London Metropolitan University and Florian Beigel was the founder of the Architecture Research Unit there. See RIBA145422 for a black and white version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: detail of the centrepiece on the south front with the Cecil coat of arms and date

RIBA158690
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA148288 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window in the Great Chamber

RIBA158754
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148245 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window with coats of arms in the Great Chamber

RIBA158755
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148246 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE