Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Theatre Bar, Polytechnic of North London, Holloway Road, London: the street entrance

RIBA158649
Beigel, Florian (1941-2018)
NOTES: This was a bar created for the polytecnic's theatre. It was orginally a music hall and occupies two buildings a brick and concrete frame, 1960s foyer and an adjoining Victorian hall. The Polytechnic of North London is now the London Metropolitan University and Florian Beigel was the founder of the Architecture Research Unit there. See RIBA145409 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre Bar, Polytechnic of North London, Holloway Road, London: the street entrance and ramp at night

RIBA158650
Beigel, Florian (1941-2018)
NOTES: This was a bar created for the polytecnic's theatre. It was orginally a music hall and occupies two buildings a brick and concrete frame, 1960s foyer and an adjoining Victorian hall. The Polytechnic of North London is now the London Metropolitan University and Florian Beigel was the founder of the Architecture Research Unit there. See RIBA145422 for a black and white version of this image.

Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire: detail of the centrepiece on the south front with the Cecil coat of arms and date

RIBA158690
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612. See RIBA148288 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window in the Great Chamber

RIBA158754
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148245 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass window with coats of arms in the Great Chamber

RIBA158755
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148246 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass with the Gilling coat of arms and inscription in the Great Chamber

RIBA158756
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148247 for a black and white version of this image.

Building Design Partnership offices, Sunlight House, Manchester: the entrance lobby

RIBA158781
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA131700 for a black and white version of this image.

Worsfolds Estate Agents in Deal, Ramsgate and Cliftonville, Kent: the shop front

RIBA158847
NOTES: See RIBA119052 for a black and white version of this image.

British Library, St Pancras, 96 Euston Road, London: view through the portico gates to the Newton Monument sculpture by Eduardo Paolozzi

RIBA158887
Colin St John Wilson & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA150974 for a black and white version of this image.

British Library, St Pancras, 96 Euston Road, London: the entrance portico and gates on Euston Road with inscription

RIBA158896
Colin St John Wilson & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA150986 for a black and white version of this image.

Halaxton Manor, Lincolnshire: detail of the turrets and clock tower on the west front

RIBA159090
Salvin, Anthony (1799-1881)
NOTES: Harlaxton was begun in 1832 by Salvin and was substantially complete by 1844. But the owner (Gregory Gregory) commissioned William Burn to work on the interior and embellish the exterior, which continued up to Gregory's death in 1854. See RIBA148270 for a black and white version of this image.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: detail of signage by the front entrance

RIBA159161
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133518 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE