Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Delbanco Meyer, Stevenage

RIBA151452
Hurley Robertson & Associates

Shire Hall, Bedford Magistates Court, , St Paul's Square, Bedford: the Victorian Royal coat of arms

RIBA152052
Waterhouse, Alfred (1830-1905)
NOTES: Former Assize Courts and Shire Hall, built in two phases fronting the river between 1878 and 1881 and St Paul’s Square between 1881 and 1883 to designs by Alfred Waterhouse for the County and Assize Courts; extended in 1899, 1905, 1910 and 1926, now Magistrates’ Courts.

Former County Court and remains of castle, Castle View, Leicester: detail of the judge's chair with the royal coat of arms

RIBA152356
NOTES: The front is dated 1692, but the building incorporates an 11th or12th century Great Hall, which has been converted into a modern Assize Court. Although much altered the hall was originally aisled, 84 ft by 58 ft and said to be the oldest surviving aisled and bay-divided hall in Europe. The timber roof is possibly 14th century. It is now part of De Monfort University Business School.

Longhope Lifeboat Museum, Longhope, Orkney: copy of notice giving instruction for the escorting of the captured German fleet in 1918

RIBA152406
NOTES: Built as a lifeboat station in 1906 from an earlier shed of 1874. It has since been converted into a museum. See RIBA161995 for a colour version of this image.

Former Court House (Town Hall), Market Place, St Albans: panel with the Royal coat of arms above

RIBA152481
Smith, George (1782-1869)
NOTES: Town Hall and former court house, it was converted into a museum and art gallery in 2016-2018 by John McAslan & Partners.

Church of St John the Baptist, Busbride, Godaliming: detail of headstone to Walter Francis Stafford McClaren of the Royal Flying Corps

RIBA152804
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: Lieutenant Walter Francis Stafford McClaren was killed at Montrose in 1917. See RIBA156368 for a colour version of this image.

Munstead Orchard, Godalming: detail of stone with inscription dated 1894 with the initials 'GJ', referring to Gertrude Jekyll

RIBA152992
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: This was the house designed by Lutyens in 1894-1895 for Gertrude Jekyll's Swiss gardener. See RIBA156381 for a colour version of this image.

Linley Sambourne House, 18 Stafford Terrace, Kensington, London: detail of carved panel with coat of arms

RIBA153312
Morris & Company Limited
NOTES: House built 1858-1860, but the interior was remodelled for the leading cartoonist and illustrator for Punch Magazine, Edward Linley Sambourne (1844-1910) and his wife Marion from 1874. Many of the furnishings came from Morris & Co. Ltd. The house was inherited through marriage from the Linley Sambourne's granddaughter Anne to the 6th Earl of Rosse. In 1978 the house was offered to the nation.

Ifield Community College, Crawley, West Sussex: the main entrance at night

RIBA153985
Nicholas Hare Architects
NOTES: See RIBA154013 for a colour version of this image.

Ifield Community College, Crawley, West Sussex: the main entrance at night

RIBA154013
Nicholas Hare Architects
NOTES: See RIBA1543985 for a black and white version of this image.

Watts Gallery, Compton, Surrey: a sketchbook of designs by Mary Seton Watts for the chapel

RIBA154363
Watts, Mary Seton (1850-1938)
NOTES: This mortuary chapel was designed and built by Mary Seton Watts, craftswoman and second wife of the artist G. F. Watts, as a gift to the parish when Compton Parish Council created a new cemetery in 1895. It is one of the few surviving monuments to the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement. See RIBA154366 for a colour version of this image.

Watts Gallery, Compton, Surrey: a sketchbook of designs by Mary Seton Watts for the chapel

RIBA154366
Watts, Mary Seton (1850-1938)
NOTES: This mortuary chapel was designed and built by Mary Seton Watts, craftswoman and second wife of the artist G. F. Watts, as a gift to the parish when Compton Parish Council created a new cemetery in 1895. It is one of the few surviving monuments to the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement. See RIBA154363 for a black and version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE