Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Design

View as Grid List
Sort by

Trinity Hall Chapel, Cambridge: the ceiling decorated with coats of arms

RIBA138227
NOTES: The chapel, originally dates from 1366, although only consecrated in 1513. It was modernised in 1729-1730, and much of the plaster decoration dates from this period.

Fernsehturm (Television Tower) Alexanderplatz, Berlin

RIBA138700
NOTES: The Fernsehturm Berlin (Berlin Television Tower) was built 1965-1969 by the German Democratic Republic. At its original height of 365 metres when constructed, it was the world's second highest television tower. An antenna was added in 1997, thus increasing the height to 369 metres.

Littlebrook Power Station 'D', Dartford

RIBA139235
NOTES: Littlebrook 'D' Power Station was commissioned by the Central Electricity Generating Board in 1976 and was the fourth power station on the site, the first being commissioned in 1930. The three previous stations were 'A', 'B' and 'C' and were coal-fired and Littlebrook 'D' was oil-fired. It ceased operating in 2015 and was subsequently demolished. This image was taken prior to demolition.

Littlebrook Power Station 'D', Dartford: detail of signage

RIBA139285
NOTES: Littlebrook 'D' Power Station was commissioned by the Central Electricity Generating Board in 1976 and was the fourth power station on the site, the first being commissioned in 1930. The three previous stations were 'A', 'B' and 'C' and were coal-fired and Littlebrook 'D' was oil-fired. It ceased operating in 2015 and was subsequently demolished. This image was taken prior to demolition.

Thorn House, Upper St Martin's Lane, London

RIBA140003
Sir Basil Spence & Partners

Bentalls Department Store, Clarence Street / Wood Street, Kingston-upon-Thames, London: the soda bar

RIBA140064
Webb, Maurice Everett (1880-1939)
NOTES: The department store was originally built in 1930-1931 by Maurice Webb.

Bentalls Department Store, Clarence Street / Wood Street, Kingston-upon-Thames, London: the soda bar

RIBA140065
Webb, Maurice Everett (1880-1939)
NOTES: The department store was originally built in 1930-1931 by Maurice Webb.

The Chestnut public house, 198 Upper Tulse Hill, London

RIBA140180
Design Research Unit
NOTES: This public house was on the site of the London County Council's St Martin's housing estate and was designed by the Design Research Unit. The architects were Misha Black, Alexander Gibson and John McNeil. Milner Gray and Ronald Ingles were the lettering consultants and Alan Ball was the designer of the freestanding sign and decorated tile panels.

British Nylon Spinners Exhibition, Gloucester: the nylon airhouse

RIBA140195
Gourock Ropework Company
NOTES: The air house, designed by the Gourock Ropework Co. Ltd., was held up solely by a constant supply of low pressure air.
Close
)
CLOSE