NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century.