Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Decorative woodwork

View as Grid List
Sort by

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved creature on a pew end

RIBA162972
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved animal on a pew end

RIBA162973
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved animal on a pew end

RIBA162974
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved animal on a pew end

RIBA162975
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved creature on a pew end

RIBA162976
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved animal on a pew end

RIBA162977
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved animal on a pew end

RIBA162978
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.

Church of St Mary, Woolpit, Suffolk: detail of carved figure on a pew end

RIBA162980
Phipson, Richard Makilwaine (1827-1884)
NOTES: The church is mainly 15th century, but contains work of c. 1300. The substantial porch was built between 1430-1455. The medieval tower fell in 1702, was repaired and fell again in 1708. The whole tower and spire was rebuilt in 1853-1854 by R. M. Phipson, and includes a timber vault of 1854. The pew benches are mainly Victorian by E. F. Bisshopp (1878), though some of the carved pew ends seen here are medieval.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE