Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Decorative woodwork

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: detail of the hammebeam nave roof

RIBA138365
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: detail of the carved angels on the hammerbeam nave roof

RIBA138366
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: detail of the carved angels on the hammerbeam nave roof

RIBA138367
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: detail of nave roof showing arched tie beams

RIBA138368
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: the hammerbeam nave roof seen from below

RIBA138369
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Wendreda, March, Cambridgeshire: the nave showing the double hammer-beam roof with host of angels with outspread wings

RIBA138388
NOTES: The church is mainly mid 14th century with later work of c. 1400, late 15th century and c. 1528. The chancel was restored in 1874-1875.

St Wendreda, March, Cambridgeshire: double hammer-beam roof with host of angels with outspread wings

RIBA138389
NOTES: The church is mainly mid 14th century with later work of c. 1400, late 15th century and c. 1528. The chancel was restored in 1874-1875.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: view across the nave from the side aisle

RIBA138403
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300. They are the north chapel, chancel, east end and east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.
Categories
)
CLOSE