NOTES: The installation of the rood screen was part of the extensive restoration of the interior undertaken by Sir John Ninian Comper in 1912-1914. It is widely known as the 'Golden Church' .
NOTES: This church dates from 900. In the nave, there are 60 Tudor bench-ends, each carved with abbreviated representations of Christ's Passion.
NOTES: The central portion of the rood loft was renewed in 1899 following restoration by Herbert Read.
NOTES: The interiors of this church were carefully restored by William Weir in 1910.