Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Decorative woodwork

View as Grid List
Sort by

Church of St Edward the Confessor and St Mary, Kempley

RIBA5937
Wells, A. Randall (1877-1942)

Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire: the entrance front

RIBA6483
NOTES: This moated manor house is an exemplar of the timber-framed Tudor black-and-white house. The earliest part of the Hall was probably built by Richard de Moreton in the mid 15th century. The west, or kitchen end was built (or rebuilt) by William Moreton c.1480. The last major extension was the south wing added in 1570-1580. The 'domestic block' was added to the south wing in the early 1600s.

Hatfield House, Hertfordshire: the Great Hall

RIBA6574
Basil, Simon (d. 1615)
NOTES: Hatfield House, commissioned by the Lord Treasurer, Robert Cecil, Earl of Salisbury, was designed by Simon Basil, who was Surveyor of the King's Works from 1606 until his death in 1615. The construction of the house was supervised by the surveyor, Robert Lemyinge (or Liminge), from 1607 to 1612.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the Garter Stalls in the choir, each with the banner of the Garter Knight above

RIBA6689
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. Four extra Garter stalls were added to the choir in 1786 by George III.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: decorative pinnacles of the Garter Stalls in the choir

RIBA6690
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. Four extra Garter stalls were added to the choir in 1786 by George III.

St Mary Magdalene, Croome d'Abitot, Worcestershire: the wooden Gothick pulpit with fine tracery bearers supporting the tester and the tomb of Thomas, 1st Lord Coventry, lord keeper (d.1639)

RIBA6753
Adam, Robert (1728-1792)
NOTES: This Gothick style church was built in 1763 for the 6th Earl of Coventry who filled it with a collection of family monuments. The design of the exterior is attributed to Lancelot 'Capability' Brown and the interior to Robert Adam. The church, now redundant, forms part of the Croome Park National Trust Estate.

Holy Trinity, Balsham, Cambridgeshire: the richly carved choir stalls

RIBA6758
NOTES: Construction on this church began in the 13th century. These choir stalls in Perpendicular style were commissioned by John of Sleford (d.1401), rector, Master of the Wardrobe to Edward III, and canon of Ripon and Wells.

Holy Trinity, Balsham, Cambridgeshire: the richly carved choir stalls

RIBA6759
NOTES: Construction on this church began in the 13th century. These choir stalls in Perpendicular style were commissioned by John of Sleford (d.1401), rector, Master of the Wardrobe to Edward III, and canon of Ripon and Wells.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: detail of the walnut parclose with the beaten metal pulpit and lectern beyond

RIBA6768
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: detail of the decoration on the organ case

RIBA6771
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE