NOTES: This moated manor house is an exemplar of the timber-framed Tudor black-and-white house. The earliest part of the Hall was probably built by Richard de Moreton in the mid 15th century. The west, or kitchen end was built (or rebuilt) by William Moreton c.1480. The last major extension was the south wing added in 1570-1580. The 'domestic block' was added to the south wing in the early 1600s.
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The stalls were executed in 1478-1485 and the principal carver was William Berkley. However not all the misericords were made by the same hand.