NOTES: This cathedral was completed by the end of the 13th century. The west front was added in the 14th century based on 13th century designs.
NOTES: The sculpure above the main entrance is by Bainbridge Copnall and depicts the Spirit of Architecture and those on the columns flanking the entrance are by James Wooford.
NOTES: Dedicated in 1260, this cathedral is an exemplar of the French High Gothic style. The west portal, known virtually since its completion as the Royal Portal, was carved by 1150.