NOTES: Built for the the early ironmasters, the Foleys, this church was consecrated in 1735. The interior was the work of James Gibbs who incorporated ceiling paintings by Antonio Belluci and painted glass windows by Joshua Price, bought by Lord Foley from the Chandos' house, Canons, on its demolition. The seating and other 19th century furnishings in Gothic style were introduced by Lord Dudley.
NOTES: The original Augustinian abbey, founded in 1071, was rebuilt in Baroque style in 1686-1751. The Bruckner Organ, the larger of the two in the church, was built in 1771 by the Slovenian organ builder Fran Xaver Kristmann.