NOTES: St Pancras Station opened in 1868 while the hotel, also known as the Midland Grand Hotel, opened in 1874. The latter was built for the eponymous railway company to receive travellers through the adjacent St Pancras Station. It was converted into offices in 1935.
NOTES: Palazzo Borromeo was commissioned by Carlo III in 1632 and dedicated to his wife Isabella D'Adda, from whom the island takes its name. Construction of the house and design of its gardens was entrusted to Angelo Crivelli and completed by Carlo Fontana. The gardens were inaugurated in 1671.