Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Decorative ironwork

View as Grid List
Sort by

Paddington Station, London: the 'nave' gable of the train shed with its strap iron ornament

RIBA119922
Brunel, Isambard Kingdom (1806-1859)
NOTES: Isambard Kingdom Brunel, engineer of the Great Western Railway, designed this London terminus for the railway company with the assistance of the architect, Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt.

Paddington Station, London: detail of the wrought iron ribs with foliage de coration bolted on

RIBA119932
Brunel, Isambard Kingdom (1806-1859)
NOTES: Isambard Kingdom Brunel, engineer of the Great Western Railway, designed this London terminus for the railway company with the assistance of the architect, Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt.

Paddington Station, London: detail of the ironwork panels between the rib supports on the office block

RIBA119945
Brunel, Isambard Kingdom (1806-1859)
NOTES: Isambard Kingdom Brunel, engineer of the Great Western Railway, designed this London terminus for the railway company with the assistance of the architect, Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt.

St Paul's House, St Paul's Street, Leeds: detail of decorative ironwork and terracotta above the original entrance on Park Street

RIBA120489
Ambler, Thomas
NOTES: This is a warehouse of 1878 by Thomas Ambler, which has been converted into offices by architects Booth Shaw & Partners in 1974-1976. The interior was gutted and a new office block inserted into the space.

St Paul's House, St Paul's Street, Leeds: detail of the restored entrance gates on Park Street

RIBA120499
Ambler, Thomas
NOTES: This is a warehouse of 1878 by Thomas Ambler, which has been converted into offices by architects Booth Shaw & Partners in 1974-1976. The interior was gutted and a new office block inserted into the space. The entrance gates were by S. Skidmore of Coventry.

New Carmelite House, Victoria Embankment, London: the main entrance door with bronze reliefs

RIBA121199
H. O. Ellis & Clarke
NOTES: This building was designed as an extension to the original Carmelite House of 1899 in Fleet Street. It was replaced by Trehearne & Norman in 1989-1993. See RIBA132575 for the negative of this image.

Daily Telegraph building, Fleet Street, City of London: detail of the main entrance with the figures of Mercury carved above the door

RIBA121205
Elcock & Sutcliffe
NOTES: The carved figures of Mercury representing 'The Past and the Future' are by Samuel Rabin. The notice on the door refers to the new Daily Telegraph premises on the Isle of Dogs and requests all deliveries be sent there. See RIBA132590 for the negative of this image.

Hop Exchange, 24 Southwark Street, Bankside, London: the front entrance with its decorative ironwork

RIBA121640
Moore, R. H.
NOTES: The Hop Exchange was restored and converted into offices by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners in the late 1970s. These photographs were taken prior to its conversion and restoration.

Hop Exchange, 24 Southwark Street, Bankside, London: looking down from a balcony in the upper floor gallery

RIBA121643
Moore, R. H.
NOTES: The Hop Exchange was restored and converted into offices by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners in the late 1970s. These photographs were taken prior to its conversion and restoration.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Woodland Chapel

RIBA132318
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Woodland Chapel is by Asplund (1918-1922).
Categories
)
CLOSE