NOTES: This drawing is one of a number of designs by Joseph Potter relating to the remodelling of Plas Newydd house and its associated buildings between around 1800 and 1823. The 16th century house was remodelled between the 1790s and the 1820s by James Wyatt and Potter, his assistant builder-architect.
NOTES: The villa was constructed between 1803 and 1806, followed by additions in 1823-1829 with a further programme of additions in 1833-1840. This design for the dairy is almost identical to a design published by Papworth in his 'Rural residences' (1818), pl. XXII.