Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Cranes

View as Grid List
Sort by

Demolition of the Euston Arch nearing completion, Euston Station, London

RIBA49842
Hardwick, Philip (1792-1870)
NOTES: This monumental arch was controversially demolished in 1962 to make way for a new modern complex, designed by R. L. Moorcroft, Midland regional architect of British Railways, completed in 1968.

Carruthers crane at AEI cable works, Northfleet

RIBA51071
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct.

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London: the river front looking east

RIBA51820
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London: the river front looking west

RIBA51821
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London: view of the Thames from one of the windows with Billingsgate Market and Custom House in the background

RIBA51827
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Waterloo Bridge under construction, River Thames, London, seen from the Institute of Electrical Engineers on Savoy Place

RIBA52492
Scott, Sir Giles Gilbert (1880-1960)
NOTES: This girder bridge crosses the Thames between Blackfriars Bridge and Hungerford Bridge.

Warehouses and dock, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London

RIBA58177
William Snooke & Henry Stock
NOTES: Many of the warehouses here were badly damaged and some completedly destroyed during the Great Fire of Tooley Street in 1861. The fire burnt fiercely for two days and it was two weeks before it was fully put out. Built for the storage of tea around a wet dock in 1856, much of Hay's Wharf survived the fire thanks its fireproof construction. The wharves closed in 1969 and this building was incorporated into the Hay's Galleria, a multi-purpose riverside complex, which opened in 1987.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, under construction, London: erection of the ventilation cowl in September 1937

RIBA59648
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.
Close
)
CLOSE