Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Cranes

View as Grid List
Sort by

Chatham Dockyard: the Clocktower Building

RIBA118986
NOTES: Chatham Dockyard was established as a Royal Dockyard from 1567. It closed in 1984, but has a number of surviving historic structures ranging in date from the early 18th century to the early-mid 20th century. It is now managed as a visitor attraction. The timber clock turret was added in 1802. See RIBA118969 for a black and white version of this image.

Office block under construction, Harewood Avenue, Marylebone, London: Harewood Avenue elevation

RIBA120587
Lam Biel & Partners
NOTES: This is part of a series of images taken by John Maltby showing the construction of this office block. It was sited next to Marylebone Station, but has since been demolished.

Office block under construction, Harewood Avenue, Marylebone, London: the rear elevation

RIBA120588
Lam Biel & Partners
NOTES: This is part of a series of images taken by John Maltby showing the construction of this office block. It was sited next to Marylebone Station, but has since been demolished.

Office block under construction, Harewood Avenue, Marylebone, London

RIBA120589
Lam Biel & Partners
NOTES: This is part of a series of images taken by John Maltby showing the construction of this office block. It was sited next to Marylebone Station, but has since been demolished.

Office block under construction, Harewood Avenue, Marylebone, London: the front elevation

RIBA120590
Lam Biel & Partners
NOTES: This is part of a series of images taken by John Maltby showing the construction of this office block. It was sited next to Marylebone Station, but has since been demolished.

Unilever House, Blackfriars, City of London: a statue of a Japanese lady being lifted to a parapet 120 feet above the ground.

RIBA121261
Lomax-Simpson, James (1882-1977)
NOTES: James Lomax-Simpson joined Lever Brothers in 1910 as company architect. Unilever House, originally called Lever House, was designed by Lomax-Simpson in conjunction with Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners and built 1930-1932. The statue is part of a set representing the three ethnic groups of the world; Asian, African and Caucausian.

Offices, St Katherine's Dock, London, during construction in March 1964

RIBA121761
Andrew Renton & Associates
NOTES: These offices were built as headquarters for the Port of London Authority's police force. The building replaces a block of offices designed by Philip Hardwick which were destroyed during the Second World War.

Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank, Hong Kong: the maintenance crane and gantry at the top of the building

RIBA130337
Foster Associates
NOTES: See RIBA157351 for a colour version of this image.

Royal Docks, Newham, London: looking through a crane arch to the two-storey transit sheds of the King George V Dock

RIBA130451
NOTES: The Royal Docks were the last group of docks to be built in London, between 1850 and 1921, and the last to close in 1921; they include the Royal Victoria Dock (1850-1855), the Royal Albert Dock (1875-1880) and the King George V Dock (1912-1921). See RIBA130457 for a colour version of this image.

Royal Docks, Newham, London: detail of the facade of the King George V Dock

RIBA130452
NOTES: The Royal Docks were the last group of docks to be built in London, between 1850 and 1921, and the last to close in 1921; they include the Royal Victoria Dock (1850-1855), the Royal Albert Dock (1875-1880) and the King George V Dock (1912-1921).

Royal Docks, Newham, London: the facade of the King George V Dock

RIBA130453
NOTES: The Royal Docks were the last group of docks to be built in London, between 1850 and 1921, and the last to close in 1921; they include the Royal Victoria Dock (1850-1855), the Royal Albert Dock (1875-1880) and the King George V Dock (1912-1921). See RIBA130456 for a colour version of this image.
)
CLOSE