Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Coronation decorations

View as Grid List
Sort by

Ceremonial arches over The Mall for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, London, seen at night

RIBA2728-18
Bedford, Eric (1909-2001)
NOTES: Elizabeth ascended the throne upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952 and was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.

Design for decorations for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, Waterloo Place, St James's, London, looking along Pall Mall

RIBA3071-36
Casson, Sir Hugh Maxwell (1910-1999)
NOTES: Elizabeth ascended the throne upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952 and was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.

Design for the decoration of the statue of Eros for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, Piccadilly Circus, London

RIBA4045
Casson, Sir Hugh Maxwell (1910-1999)
NOTES: The statue of Eros was designed by Sir Arthur Gilbert and erected in 1893. Elizabeth ascended the throne upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952 and was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.

Design for a 'Long Live the Queen' decoration banner for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, in the shape of a train for the side of Hungerford Bridge, London

RIBA4050
Casson, Sir Hugh Maxwell (1910-1999)
NOTES: Elizabeth ascended the throne upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952 and was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.

Design for the decorations for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, Piccadilly, London, showing Bond Street entrance

RIBA4051
Casson, Sir Hugh Maxwell (1910-1999)
NOTES: Elizabeth ascended the throne upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952 and was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.

Odeon cinema, Haverstock Hill, Hampstead, London: the entrance festooned with Coronation decorations

RIBA6662
T. P. Bennett & Son
NOTES: Also known as Odeon Belsize Park and Odeon Hampstead, this cinema closed in 1972 and was demolished. A supermarket was built on the site and one of the original adjacent shop units became the entrance to the new Screen on the Hill, opened in 1977.
Categories
)
CLOSE