Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Cornices

View as Grid List
Sort by

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: designs for moulding and cornice around the circular privy in the garden

RIBA37633
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: design for bedroom cornice

RIBA37659
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: design for cornice in the kitchen

RIBA37660
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: design for cornice in the dressing room

RIBA37661
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: design for cornice in the Prince of Wales's cabinet

RIBA37667
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: designs for moulding of the portico ceiling, for cornice over the music room doors and for architrave of the great dining room doors

RIBA37710
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: design for cornice under the balustrade of the riding house entrance

RIBA37723
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: designs for cornice of the seat and corn bins in the stables and for capital of the pilasters

RIBA37744
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.

Villa Caldogno, Nordera Sacchetto, Caldogno: close-up of the fresco 'La Merenda' by Fasolo in the Sala

RIBA39864
Fasolo, Giovanni Antonio (1530-1572)
NOTES: This villa is attributed to Palladio, although it did not appear in his treatise 'I Quattro libri dell'architettura' of 1570. It was first attributed to Palladio by Lorenzo Muttoni in 1740; his involvement, considered to be in the 1540s, is confirmed by a plan sketch in the RIBA Library Drawings Collection. A Latin inscription on the facade dates the completion of the building to 1570, which probably refers to the completion of the interior decoration executed by Giambattista Zelotti and Giovanni Antonio Fasolo.

Villa da Porto Barbaran, Montorso Vicentino: detail of the main entrance

RIBA39897
NOTES: This Palladian style villa was never completed in that the right wing and 'barchessa' (open barn) are lacking.

Villa da Porto Barbaran, Montorso Vicentino

RIBA39904
NOTES: This Palladian style villa was never completed in that the right wing and 'barchessa' (open barn) are lacking.

Secession Building, Friedrichstrasse 12, Vienna: roof and dome detail

RIBA41174
Olbrich, Joseph Maria (1867-1908)
NOTES: The Vienna Succession, also known as the Union of Austrian Artists, or Vereiningung Bildender Kunstler Osterreichs, was formed in 1897 by Gustav Klimt, Koloman Moser, Josef Hoffmann, Joseph Maria Olbrich, Max Kurzweil, Otto Wagner, and others. The group's exhibition house, designed by Olbrich, was built in 1898.
Categories
)
CLOSE