SOURCE: Londina illustrata (London, 1819), part 1, pl. 99 NOTES: The house, built around 1600, consisted originally of four storeys. By 1787 it had become a public house and was demolished in 1890. A portion of the facade is preserved in the Victoria & Albert Museum.
NOTES: Built in 1769-72 by James Wyatt, the Pantheon - a popular entertainment building - stood on Oxford Street, London. It was disassembled in 1938 and the stones of the facade numbered for re-use in Edward James' house in West Dean, as designed by Nicholson. The scheme was never executed however.
NOTES: The Holburne Museum of Art was originally built as the Sydney Hotel (later becoming Sydney College). It was designed 1796 by Charles Harcourt Masters, but was converted by Blomfield for use as an art gallery between 1913 and 1916.