Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Conversion of buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Holloway Sanatorium, Virginia Water, Surrey

RIBA10640
Crossland, William Henry (1835-1908)
NOTES: This Franco-Gothic style institution for the treatment of the insane was built between 1873 and 1885 thanks to the philanthropy of Thomas Holloway. It passed to the National Health Service in 1948. After a long period of neglect, it was redeveloped in 2000 to provide gated housing known as Virginia Park.

Design of a roof terrace for the Pantheon, West Dean

RIBA10859
Nicholson, Christopher David George (1904-1948)

Bank of Ireland (former Irish Parliament House), College Green, Dublin: the east front Corinthian portico on Westmorland Street

RIBA11651
Gandon, James (1742-1823)
NOTES: The old Parliament Building was designed by Pearce and built in 1729-1739. The east and west porticos were added by Gandon in 1785-1797 and the south curving screen walls by Johnston in 1803 when the building was converted into a bank.

Hotel, Portmeirion: the library door

RIBA11856
NOTES: The building, originally a Victorian villa, was enlarged and converted into a hotel in 1926. The 19th century library was severely damaged during a fire in 1981 but restored to its former state a few years later.

Design for a terrace for the Pantheon, West Dean

RIBA13321
Nicholson, Christopher David George (1904-1948)

Design for a living room for the Pantheon, West Dean

RIBA13322
Nicholson, Christopher David George (1904-1948)

Design for a facade for the Pantheon, West Dean

RIBA13325
Nicholson, Christopher David George (1904-1948)

4 Cleveland Square, St. James's, London: the dining room in the basement

RIBA14201
Harvey, John Dean Monroe (1895-1978)
NOTES: John D. M. Harvey was responsible for the alterations to 4 Cleveland Square, which allowed the conversion into offices for the British Pacific Trust in 1934. Its address was changed later in the 20th century to 8 Cleveland Row.

4 Cleveland Square, St James's, London: the staircase in the ground floor hall

RIBA14202
NOTES: John D. M. Harvey was responsible for the alterations to 4 Cleveland Square, which allowed the conversion into offices for the British Pacific Trust in 1934. Its address was changed later in the 20th century to 8 Cleveland Row.

Fox Steep, Crazies Hill, Wargrave, Berkshire

RIBA14330
Hill, Oliver (1887-1968)
NOTES: An old inn, The Foxes, was converted by Oliver Hill into a house for Donald van den Bergh.

Fox Steep, Crazies Hill, Wargrave, Berkshire: the sitting room bay

RIBA14332
Hill, Oliver (1887-1968)
NOTES: An old inn, The Foxes, was converted by Oliver Hill into a house for Donald van den Bergh.
)
CLOSE