Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Conversion of buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Theatre del Te, Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the suspended bank of seating in the auditorium seen from the dais

RIBA158735
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion of the stable block of the Palazzo del Te (1535 by Giulio Romano) by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri into a lecture theatre. Earlier, in 1984, the same architect had created an exhibitiion gallery in the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo. The design of the lecture theatre was largely shaped by the desire to preserve and reveal what existed, in this case, the original brick and pebble floor. Hence the banked seating and stairs have been suspended from the walls above. See RIBA130426 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the cantilevered bridge over the domed vaulting in the attic exhibition space

RIBA158737
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130429 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the cantilevered bridge undulating over the domed vaulting in the attic exhibition space

RIBA158738
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130430 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the attic exhibition space with the cantilevered bridge over the domed vaults, stairs at the end, flanked by display cases

RIBA158739
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130431 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: one of the display cases in the attic exhibition space

RIBA158740
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130432 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: detail of the cantilevered bridge over the domed vaulting in the attic exhibition space

RIBA158741
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130433 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the attic exhibition space showing Egyptian antiquities

RIBA158742
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130434 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the display cases of Egyptian antiquities in the attic exhibition space showing the heavy roof beams

RIBA158743
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130435 for a black and white version of this image.

Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the display cases showing Egyptian antiquities in the attic exhibition space

RIBA158744
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion, by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri, of the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo into an exhibition space and gallery to show the Acerbi collection of Greek and Egyptian antiquities. He has done this by creating a cantilevered walkway over the humps of the vaults below. See RIBA130436 for a black and white version of this image.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: the first-floor gallery

RIBA159156
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133509 for a black and white version of this image.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: the ground floor gallery

RIBA159157
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133510 for a black and white version of this image.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: the gallery at the rear entry

RIBA159158
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988. See RIBA133511 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE