Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Conversion of buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon

RIBA132220
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elisabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132228 for a colour version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, seen from the road with the art gallery to the left and the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre behind

RIBA132221
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elisabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132229 for a colour version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon: the auditorium

RIBA132222
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132213 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon: detail of the auditorium

RIBA132223
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132214 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, seen from the river with the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre behind

RIBA132224
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132215 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon

RIBA132225
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132216 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon

RIBA132226
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132217 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon: entrance to the art gallery housing the Royal Shakespeare's Company collection

RIBA132227
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132218 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon

RIBA132228
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elisabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132220 for a black and white version of this image.

Swan Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, seen from the road with the art gallery to the left and the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre behind

RIBA132229
Michael Reardon Associates
NOTES: The original gothic revival Shakespeare Memorial Theatre of 1879 was destroyed by a fire in 1926 and was replaced by Elisabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. A fire damaged shell remained, but in 1983-1986 Michael Reardon Associates created the Swan Theatre within this fire gutted shell, with a new auditorium, foyer and bars. See RIBA132221 for a black and white version of this image.

Yorkshire Electricity Board offices, Scarcroft Lodge, Wetherby Road, Leeds

RIBA132403
Haxworth Jones
NOTES: Scarcroft Lodge was originally built in 1830, subsequently altered and extended, it was acquired by the Yorkshire Electricity Power Company in 1945 and became their headquarters. In 1973 a modern office block was built in the grounds, but the Lodge was still retained as offices for the company. This image is from a refurbishment undertaken in 1987 by Haxworth Jones. The building as from 2020 is now being developed as a retirement village. See RIBA132414 for a colour version of this image.

Yorkshire Electricity Board offices, Scarcroft Lodge, Wetherby Road, Leeds

RIBA132404
Haxworth Jones
NOTES: Scarcroft Lodge was originally built in 1830, subsequently altered and extended, it was acquired by the Yorkshire Electricity Power Company in 1945 and became their headquarters. In 1973 a modern office block was built in the grounds, but the Lodge was still retained as offices for the company. This image is from a refurbishment undertaken in 1987 by Haxworth Jones. The building as from 2020 is now being developed as a retirement village. See RIBA132415 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE