NOTES: Completed in 1720, the church of All Saints was designed by Henry Aldrich, the Dean of Christ Church. Nicholas Hawksmoor is thought to be responsible for the tower and the spire after Aldrich's death in 1710. The church was made redundant in 1971 and subsequently converted into Lincoln College library by Robert Potter.
NOTES: The original building, just seen on the left, was the Zoology, Metallurgy and Computer Laboratory by Philip Dowson of Arup Associates, 1966-1971. Arups took over from Denys Lasdun's master plan for the New Museums Site, which envisaged three tall towers. Dowson's building included a Zoology Museum. An extension was added by Nicholas Hare Architects in 1986, who were also responsible for renovating the Arup building in 2012. The refurbished building opened in 2018, having been renamed the Attenborough Building.
NOTES: Built 1954-1960, by Mott, Hay & Anderson (engineers) and architect Giles Gilbert Scott. It was converted into an art gallery by architects Herzog and De Meuron and opened as Tate Modern in May 2000.
NOTES: The Watershead Arts Centre occupies the former East and West transit sheds on Canon's Road, Saint Augustine's Reach. The buildings originally date from 1895, and were first converted into an arts centre in 1982, but underwent a major refurbishment in 2005.