Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Conversion of buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Ca' Pesaro, Venice

RIBA27200
Gaspari, Antonio (fl. 1680-1738)
NOTES: The building, which houses the Museo d' Arte Moderna, was completed after Longhena's death by Antonio Gaspari.

Palazzo Grimani di San Luca, Venice

RIBA27212
Bergamasco, Gian Giacomo (d. 1572)
NOTES: The building, designed by Sanmicheli just before his death, was later built by Gian Giacomo Bergamasco. It houses the Court of Appeal.

Ca' Pesaro, Venice

RIBA27299
Gaspari, Antonio (fl. 1680-1738)
NOTES: The building, which houses the Museo d' Arte Moderna, was completed after Longhena's death by Antonio Gaspari.

Celej House (Kamienica Celejowska), Senatorska Street, Kazimierz Dolny

RIBA27526
NOTES: This burgher tow nhouse was built for Bartlomiej Celej, a wealthy merchant, and is now home to the regional museum.

Waagehaus (the old weigh-house), Wool Market, Braunschweig

RIBA27687
Krahe, Friedrich Maria (1804-1888)
NOTES: The Waagehaus (the old weigh-house) was constructed in 1534 as a weighing and storage house. From 1854-1862 the structure, which had become neglected and dilapidated, was restored by Friedrich Krahe. During this restoration, far-reaching changes were made to the facade, which were largely reversed in 1937-1939. The building was destroyed by bombing during the night of October 14th-15th, 1944, along with the entire New City. It was rebuilt down to the last detail in 1994 and was subsequently used by the Volkshochschule.

Hotel Kaiserworth with the Marktbrunnen in the foreground, Marktplatz, Goslar, Lower Saxony

RIBA27772
NOTES: An Imperial Free City, Goslar became a member of the Hanseatic League in the 13th century and enjoyed immense prosperity until the mid-16th century. The Kaiserworth (clothiers' house) is one of the few guild houses to have survived in reasonable condition and dates from 1494. The Marktbrunnen (market fountain), dating from c.1230, has two Romanesque bronze basins crowned by the medieval Imperial eagle of Goslar which was added in the 18th century.

Palace Hotel, Bucaco

RIBA27909
Manini, Luigi, Count of Fagagna (1848-1936)
NOTES: This was the last palace built for the Kings of Portugal. It was designed in Neo-Manueline style by Luigi Manini, the set designer and architect.The palace became a hotel after the declaration of the Republic of Portugal in 1910.

Roundhouse for the London and Birmingham Railway in Camden, London: the engine shed seen from Chalk Farm station

RIBA28448
Dockray, Robert Benson (1811-1871)
NOTES: The Roundhouse, devised by Robert Stephenson and designed by R. B. Dockray, was built in 1847 to turn steam engines around for the London and Birmingham Railway. As steam engines became too large for the building it then became a warehouse for Gilbey's gin from c. 1860 until 1960 when it was converted into a performing arts venue.

Tate Modern, Bankside, London: the Turbine Hall

RIBA28462
Herzog & de Meuron
NOTES: Sir Giles Gilbert Scott was the architect of the building constructed as the Bankside Power Station in two phases between 1947 and 1963. It was converted by Herzog & de Meuron for the Tate in 1996-2000.
Close
)
CLOSE