NOTES: The QE2, constructed by John Brown and Company of Clydebank, Scotland, was the flagship transatlantic liner for the Cunard Line from her launch in September 1969 until succeeded by the RMS Queen Mary 2 in 2004.
NOTES: In the 12th century, a castle was built on this site. From 1393 to 1407 the castle was rebuilt for Louis d'Orleans by the court architect, Jean le Noir. It was abandoned in the 17th century and remained a 'romantic ruin' until Viollet-le-Duc undertook its restoration in 1857. The reconstruction was never completed since the works were halted in 1881.