Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Communications

View as Grid List
Sort by

Potters Bar Station, Hertfordshire: signal box

RIBA49884
British Railways. Eastern Region. Architect's Department

Potters Bar Station, Hertfordshire: signal box

RIBA49885
British Railways. Eastern Region. Architect's Department

Pilkington Brothers Limited offices and showrooms, Selwyn House, St James's, London: the telephone box in the foyer

RIBA52603
Cheesman, Kenneth (1900-1964)
NOTES: Occupying four floors of Selwyn House, these premises were converted for the glass manufacturers Pilkingtons by George Fairweather. The interiors of the reception hall, conference room and showroom were designed by Kenneth Cheesman.

Telephone kiosk

RIBA52903
Black, Sir Misha (1910-1977)

Radio City Tower, Houghton Street, Liverpool, seen from Harrington Street

RIBA54940
Weightman & Bullen
NOTES: Also known as St John's Beacon, this radio and observation tower with revolving restaurant was originally built as a ventilation shaft for St John's Market. However, it was never used as such due to a new law passed on the year of completion. After a lengthy period of disuse, it was refurbished in 1999 and reopened in 2000 as Radio City 96.7.

Radio City Tower, Houghton Street, Liverpool, seen from Hanover Street

RIBA54941
Weightman & Bullen
NOTES: Also known as St John's Beacon, this radio and observation tower with revolving restaurant was originally built as a ventilation shaft for St John's Market. However, it was never used as such due to a new law passed on the year of completion. After a lengthy period of disuse, it was refurbished in 1999 and reopened in 2000 as Radio City 96.7.

Switchboard for the trading floor of the Stock Exchange, Capel Court, City of London

RIBA56267
NOTES: The old Stock Exchange building (1802, architect James Peacock, see RIBA15494) was in use until the new London Stock Exchange, Threadneedle Street, opened in 1972.

Telephones for the trading floor of the Stock Exchange, Capel Court, City of London

RIBA56268
NOTES: The old Stock Exchange building (1802, architect James Peacock, see RIBA15494) was in use until the new London Stock Exchange, Threadneedle Street, opened in 1972.

A user of the Multitone vhf pocket pager and speech receiver on the streets of London

RIBA62210
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct.

BOADICEA (British Overseas Airways Digital Information Computer for Electronic Automation) replacing 2,000 clerical staff handling passenger check-ins and many related exercises, located at Boadicea House, Heathrow Airport, London

RIBA62211
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct.

Dialled Despatches' computerised air tube system in TWA's Marketair Centre, Heathrow Airport, London

RIBA62212
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct.

Pye radio telephones in use on the restoration of York Minster

RIBA62213
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct.
)
CLOSE