NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.
NOTES: This was part of the subway of the demolished Crystal Palace High Level Station (closed 1954). The subway was listed in 1972 and in 2013 it was opened to the public as part of the annual Open House.