Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: close-up of the reception desk on the first floor

Black, Sir Misha (1910-1977)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer while Hugh Casson and Misha Black were responsible for the interiors. The clock in the reception room was designed by Christopher and Robin Ironside.

47 Bramham Gardens, Earl's Court, London: the studio

Thomas, Rodney Meredith (1902-1996)

Europa building, London Airport: view along the check-in concourse showing the luggage conveyor belts behind the barrier

Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: Designed for short-haul flights, this building, together with the Queen's Building (demolished in 2009) and the air traffic control building, was one of the original airport buildings designed by Frederick Gibberd for the Ministry of Transport. It was renamed Terminal 2 in 1968. London Aiport was renamed Heathrow in 1966.

Galerie des Actions de M. Le Prince (The Prince's Battle Gallery), Chateau de Chantilly, Ile de France

NOTES: The Chateau de Chantilly was destroyed during the French Revolution. It was later rebuilt by Henri d'Orleans, Duc d'Aumale (1822-1897), who inherited the domain from his uncle in 1830, in order to house his magnificent collection of paintings, drawings, objets d'art, and books.

Post Office Underground Railway (Rail Mail), Paddington District Office, London

NOTES: The Post Office (London) Railway Bill was passed by a Select Committee of the House of Lords in 1913 which reccommended the construction of an electric railway with driverless trains to connect the West and East ends of London. Construction of the tunnels began in 1914 and was completed in 1917. The operating equipment was not installed until after World War I and the railway finally opened on 5 December 1927 with parcels traffic running between Paddington and Mount Pleasant. The line was extended to Liverpool Street on 2 January 1928.

St Mary-at Hill, Lovat Lane, City of London

Wren, Sir Christopher (1632-1723)

Mount Royal flats, Bryanston Street, Marble Arch, London: a seating area of the foyer with the ladies cloakroom behind

Sir John Burnet Tait & Lorne
NOTES: This is now the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel.

Clifford's Inn room, Victoria and Albert Museum, South Kensington, London

NOTES: Clifford's Inn, established in 1345, was an Inn of Chancery, associated to Inner Temple, which formerly stood on Clifford's Inn Passage, off Fleet Street. The Inn was largely rebuilt in 1767-1768 and its buildings were almost entirely demolished in 1934.

York Minster: the Hindley Clock in the north transept

Bodley, George Frederick (1827-1907)
NOTES: The rebuilding of the Minster in Gothic styles began between 1230 and 1241 with the southern wing of the transept, built by Archbishop de Gray. The north transept was built slightly later by John le Romeyn and completed c.1255. The clock's movement dates from 1749 while the clockface is by George Frederick Bodley and dates from 1883. The two oak men-at-arms, Gog and Magog, which strike the quarters are of 1528.

Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace), Venice: Sala del Senato

Da Ponte, Antonio (c. 1512-1597)
NOTES: The ceiling of the room, designed by Antonio da Ponte, is by Cristoforo Sorte and dates from 1581. The painting in the centre of the image is by Tintoretto.