Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Paris cinema, Rex House, 4-12 Lower Regent Street, London: the entrance foyer

Cromie, Robert (1887-1971)
NOTES: Situated two storeys below street level in the Rex House redevelopment, this cinema was forced to close in late November 1939 following the outbreak of World War II. In September 1940 it was requisitioned by the Office of Works and never functioned as a public cinema again. It was converted into a theatre by the BBC for radio broadcasts and was known as the Paris Theatre. It closed in 1995.

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London: detail of the lift doors crafted by Betty Joel

Betty Joel Ltd.
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Factory for Mabie Todd & Company Limited, Liverpool

Ley Colbeck & Partners
NOTES: Mabie Todd & Company, famous for Swan pens and ink, began producing dip pens and mechanical pencils in New York City in the 1840s and took out its first fountain pen patent in 1878. A London office was opened in 1884 and the manufacture of pens in the UK began around 1909. The Company's prosperity declined after World War II and production ceased before the end of the 1950s.

Milner's Safe Company Limited, corner Moorgate Street and West Street, City of London: view of the Moorgate Street facade adjoining Britannic House

Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Britannic House, designed by Lutyens in 1921-1924, was the headquarters of the Anglo-Persian Oil Company, later BP.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: the first floor reception area

Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer while Hugh Casson and Misha Black were responsible for the interiors. The clock in the reception room was designed by Christopher and Robin Ironside and the metal sculpture seen on the far left by the top of the staircase is by Geoffrey Clarke, entitled, 'The Complexities of Man'.