Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clocks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: the lift lobby on the second floor showing a typical clock and information panel and standard chairs by Ernest Race

RIBA122601
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. Alexander Gibson was the designer responsible for the general areas.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: detail of clock and information panel in the second-floor lift lobby

RIBA122602
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. Alexander Gibson was the designer responsible for the general areas.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: detail of panelling, clock and switches in the Editorial Burea Chief's office on the third floor

RIBA122618
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. The Editorial Bureau Chief's office was designed by Robin day including all the furnishings.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: detail of the cupboard with map above in the Deputy Bureau Chief's office on the third floor

RIBA122621
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. The office for the Deputy Editorial Bureau Chief was designed by Neville and Mary Ward and Frank Austin including the furniture.

Royal Insurance Company Ltd Offices, The Stow, Harlow, Essex: detail of wall clock designed by the architect

RIBA123220
Booth, Frank
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain.

Sainsburys, Crosby, Merseyside

RIBA131130
NOTES: See RIBA131136 for a colour version of this image.

Sainsburys, Crosby, Merseyside

RIBA131136
NOTES: See RIBA131130 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the north-west corner of the hall with curved wall to the courtroom, second-floor gallery over, with large clock face on the left

RIBA132240
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the secondary stair seen from first-floor level and clockface

RIBA132246
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Law Courts, Gothenburg; the secondary stair seen from first-floor level

RIBA132258
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.
Close
)
CLOSE