Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clocks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: the lift lobby on the second floor showing a typical clock and information panel and standard chairs by Ernest Race

RIBA122601
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. Alexander Gibson was the designer responsible for the general areas.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: detail of clock and information panel in the second-floor lift lobby

RIBA122602
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. Alexander Gibson was the designer responsible for the general areas.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: detail of panelling, clock and switches in the Editorial Burea Chief's office on the third floor

RIBA122618
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. The Editorial Bureau Chief's office was designed by Robin day including all the furnishings.

Time Life building, New Bond Street, London: detail of the cupboard with map above in the Deputy Bureau Chief's office on the third floor

RIBA122621
Rosenauer, Michael (1884-1971)
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. The office for the Deputy Editorial Bureau Chief was designed by Neville and Mary Ward and Frank Austin including the furniture.

Sainsburys, Crosby, Merseyside

RIBA131130
NOTES: See RIBA131136 for a colour version of this image.

Sainsburys, Crosby, Merseyside

RIBA131136
NOTES: See RIBA131130 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the north-west corner of the hall with curved wall to the courtroom, second-floor gallery over, with large clock face on the left

RIBA132240
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the secondary stair seen from first-floor level and clockface

RIBA132246
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Law Courts, Gothenburg; the secondary stair seen from first-floor level

RIBA132258
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: detail of the 'wilting clock' in the portico of the Monument Hall

RIBA132338
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire, looking up the tower

RIBA138490
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.
)
CLOSE