Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clocks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Medd House, Harmer Green, Hertfordshire: the hallway with clocks

RIBA102315
Crowley, Mary (1907-2005)
NOTES: The house was designed by David Medd and Mary Crowley for their own use and included a workshop and garage attached to the house and accessible from there via a storage room.

Palazzo di Montecitorio, Rome

RIBA107373
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The building was originally designed by Bernini for Cardinal Ludovico Ludovisi, nephew of Pope Gregory XV. However, with the death of Gregory XV in 1623 work stopped and was not restarted until the papacy of Pope Innocent XII (Antonio Pignatelli), when it was completed by the architect Carlo Fontana in 1694, who modified Bernini's plan with the addition of a bell gable above the main entrance. In 1870 following the unification of Italy, it was chosen as the seat of the Chamber of Deputies and in the early 1900s the palace was completely rebuilt behind the facade by the architect Ernesto Basile.

Research laboratories for CIBA, Horsham, Sussex: a meeting room showing details of panelling, clock and projection booth

RIBA109140
Ove Arup & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA109142 for a colour version of this image.

Research laboratories for CIBA, Horsham, Sussex: a meeting room with details of panelling, clock and projection booth

RIBA109142
Ove Arup & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA109140 for a black and white version of this image.

National Westminster Bank, Shoplatch, Shrewsbury: detail of clock with war memorial plaque underneath

RIBA109362
Palmer & Holden
NOTES: See RIBA109370 for a colour version of this image.

National Westminster Bank, Shoplatch, Shrewsbury: detail of clock with war memorial plaque underneath

RIBA109370
Palmer & Holden
NOTES: See RIBA109362 for a black and white version of this image.

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, Wimbledon, London: grandfather clock by Edmund Wills of Salisbury

RIBA109447
Mills, Edmund (1731-)
NOTES: See RIBA10949 for colour version of this image.

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, Wimbledon, London: detail of grandfather clock by Edmund Wills of Salisbury

RIBA109448
Mills, Edmund (1731-)
NOTES: See RIBA109450 for a colour version of this image.

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, Wimbledon, London: grandfather clock by Edmund Wills of Salisbury

RIBA109449
Mills, Edmund (1731-)
NOTES: See RIBa109447 for a black and white version of this image.

Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, Wimbledon, London: detail of grandfather clock by Edmund Wills of Salisbury

RIBA109450
Mills, Edmund (1731-)
NOTES: See RIBA109448 for a black and white version of this image.

Villa Cavrois, Croix: the wall clock in the children's dining room

RIBA112134
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.

Villa Cavrois, Croix: detail of wall clock in the young master's room

RIBA112139
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.
Close
)
CLOSE