NOTES: King's College was created in 1937 by the amalgamation of Durham University's Armstrong College and the College of Medicine in Newcastle on the formal federalisation of Durham University. This building was commissioned in 1956 by the University of Durham. King's College became the independent University of Newcastle in 1963.
NOTES: The buildings included in the first stage of development of the airport, completed in 1958, were the terminal building, operations blocks, centre pier and control tower. The second stage of development, completed in 1965, included the addition of the north and south piers and the replanning and rebuilding internally of the terminal buildings.
NOTES: Reidhof-West was considered the last garden suburb in May and Boehm's development plan of 1925. The proposal was for a settlement housing some 4000 families. Located in the south-western district, the site was divided into quadrants and the north-west quadrant seen here, was the only one built under May's tenure. It was also sponsored by the building society called 'Heimat' Gemeinnutzige Bau-und Siedlungs AG of Berlin and the settlement was also known as Heimatsiedlung. May and Boehm drew up the master plan, with Roeckle responsible for the design of the dwellings.