Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Clocks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Herschel Building (Physics Building), King's College, University of Durham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the main entrance hall

RIBA61439
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: King's College was created in 1937 by the amalgamation of Durham University's Armstrong College and the College of Medicine in Newcastle on the formal federalisation of Durham University. This building was commissioned in 1956 by the University of Durham. King's College became the independent University of Newcastle in 1963.

Gatwick Airport: the new main concourse seen from the central escalator

RIBA63797
Yorke Rosenberg & Mardall
NOTES: The buildings included in the first stage of development of the airport, completed in 1958, were the terminal building, operations blocks, centre pier and control tower. The second stage of development, completed in 1965, included the addition of the north and south piers and the replanning and rebuilding internally of the terminal buildings.

St Pancras Station, Euston Road, London: the train shed clock

RIBA64209
Barlow, William Henry (1812-1902)
NOTES: The train shed on its completion in 1868 became the largest enclosed space in the world.

Study for Mr Ashley Havinden, 20 Alvanley Gardens, West Hampstead, London

RIBA69831
Thomas, Rodney Meredith (1902-1996)
SOURCE: Derek Patmore. Colour schemes for the modern home (London, 1936), pl. 6

47 Bramham Gardens, Earl's Court, London: the studio

RIBA70603
Thomas, Rodney Meredith (1902-1996)
SOURCE: Architectural Review, vol. 72, 1932 July, p. 30

Reidhof-West Siedlung, Frankfurt am Main: the public clock

RIBA70912
May, Ernst (1886-1970)
NOTES: Reidhof-West was considered the last garden suburb in May and Boehm's development plan of 1925. The proposal was for a settlement housing some 4000 families. Located in the south-western district, the site was divided into quadrants and the north-west quadrant seen here, was the only one built under May's tenure. It was also sponsored by the building society called 'Heimat' Gemeinnutzige Bau-und Siedlungs AG of Berlin and the settlement was also known as Heimatsiedlung. May and Boehm drew up the master plan, with Roeckle responsible for the design of the dwellings.
Close
)
CLOSE